Anthems: Wir ermitteln unsere RUSH All Time Top 20!!

Black Sabbath fände ich tatsächlich schon auch interessant. Da gibt es ja auch Platten, die in der Presse nicht so gut wegkamen, aber von vielen Fans geliebt werden. Und ne Meinung hat doch fast jeder hier zur Band. Bei mir wäre das ein recht buntgemischter Salat btw. Tipps zum Wieder- oder Neuentdecken dürfte es da auch geben. Ich fände Maiden dennoch spannend. Bei mir laufen einige Alben nur äußerst selten, weil wenig Zugang, und ich würde mich schon auch als Maniac bezeichnen. nur kein kritikloser. Da dürfte die Meinung einiger hier schon noch das eine oder andere Anstößchen geben können. Egal.
Oder wir belassen es halt bei der Einmaligkeit dieses Threads, was dem Objekt der Begierde wiederum würdig wäre;)

Threshold, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Haken, Genesis, Pink Floyd, IQ und und und.
Sollte auf alle Fälle irgendwie Prog sein.
Bin was Maiden betrifft mit @Prodigal Son einer Meinung.
Was spricht dagegen sowas im Maiden Thread durchzuführen ???
Bei Pink Floyd wäre ich auch noch dabei. :top: :jubel:
Vielleicht erstellt man noch eine Top10-Liste:
Top10 der nächsten Progband-AllTime Top20-Listen-Umfrage. :D

03. Cygnus x-1 Book II: Hemispheres (113 Punkte, 16 Nennungen)
(Hemispheres, 1978)

"'Book II' is about the same space traveler that appears in 'Book I' on "A Farewell To Kings". After arriving through a black hole, he helps bring into balance the warring followers of Apollo and of Dionysus. The basic idea for the piece came from a book I was reading, Powers of Mind. It was just an incidental thing, but it was something I had read before, so I tied it into a whole lot of things and it’s the basic constant conflict between thoughts and emotions, between your feelings and your rational ideas. Apollo and Dionysus have been used in a lot of books to characterize these two elements, the rational side and the instinctive side. I’ve always been interested in the ways these two themes transmit themselves into people in political life or in social life. All these conflicts—whether the instinctive way is right or the rational way is right—are always going on between people. The basic theme of 'Hemispheres' is that conflict. 'Armageddon' (the fourth section of the piece) is really the focus of that. It’s the climax of that conflict and our hero Cygnus comes in and breaks up the conflict. One of the main points that I wanted to make is that the battle is inside each of us. It’s not some abstract, cosmic battle.
For those who want to dig deeper: The world our protagonist Ieaves is being ruled over by two gods who represent opposing forces—Apollo and Dionysius. Apollo champions the force of reason and rationale and Dionysius champions the force of instinct and intuition. I’m taking the setting back to the dawn of creation when there was just man not knowing who he is or why he’s there. Apollo comes along and gives the people a shot at progress and offers all these benefits and they say ‘sure we’d like fires to warm us in winter. They follow him along and build amazing cities and get involved in science and build beautiful things just for the sake of it. But they’re bored because they don’t have an emotional attachment to the things that they’re making. They lose the knack and the interest in doing them any more. An ennui falls over everybody and they hang out, bored. They go after Dionysius who tells them what he can offer and obviously the instinctive and artistic side of things that he offers them—the music and dancing and love. They say ‘yeah, that sounds great after what we’ve had. Everyone has a wonderful time, they leave the cities and just rave. But when winter comes along they’ve lost the skills that would keep them warm and that whole rational side of them doesn’t function the way it did. So the wolves and cold get to them and at that point they break into total anarchy and chaos. That’s the Armageddon section of the song because both Apollo and Dionysius are fighting for control. Eventually the whole problem is solved by the arrival of Cygnus. He points out the chaos that the struggle between Apollo and Dionysius is causing. So they appoint him as a god—the bringer of balance.” (Neal Peart)

IHR BESTER!!!

In der Tat meine Nummer 1. Schlicht und ergreifend einer der großartigsten Songs aller Zeiten. Ich dürfte ihn mittlerweile so oft gehört haben, dass ich ihn auf der dicken Zehe mitpfeifen könnte, und gleichzeitig entdecke ich ihn beim jedem Durchlauf neu. Klingt widersprüchlich? Joa, mag sein. Aber wir reden von Rush, da passt das, da passt alles....! :verehr:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
47510422gg.jpg

Ich wiederhole mich jetzt zum letzten Mal. Die Qualität des Rush Backkataloges drückt sich vor allem darüber aus, welche Songs man nicht in seiner Top 10 hat ohne das die eigene Liste an Schlagkraft verliert. :D ;)

Bist Du sicher mit der letzten Wiederholung? Zwei Nummern kommen doch noch. ;)
Inhaltlich stimme ich Dir natürlich voll zu. Ein phantastisches Stück, das listentechnisch anderen nur einfach zum Opfer fiel.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

03. Cygnus x-1 Book II: Hemispheres (113 Punkte, 16 Nennungen)
(Hemispheres, 1978)

"'Book II' is about the same space traveler that appears in 'Book I' on "A Farewell To Kings". After arriving through a black hole, he helps bring into balance the warring followers of Apollo and of Dionysus. The basic idea for the piece came from a book I was reading, Powers of Mind. It was just an incidental thing, but it was something I had read before, so I tied it into a whole lot of things and it’s the basic constant conflict between thoughts and emotions, between your feelings and your rational ideas. Apollo and Dionysus have been used in a lot of books to characterize these two elements, the rational side and the instinctive side. I’ve always been interested in the ways these two themes transmit themselves into people in political life or in social life. All these conflicts—whether the instinctive way is right or the rational way is right—are always going on between people. The basic theme of 'Hemispheres' is that conflict. 'Armageddon' (the fourth section of the piece) is really the focus of that. It’s the climax of that conflict and our hero Cygnus comes in and breaks up the conflict. One of the main points that I wanted to make is that the battle is inside each of us. It’s not some abstract, cosmic battle.
For those who want to dig deeper: The world our protagonist Ieaves is being ruled over by two gods who represent opposing forces—Apollo and Dionysius. Apollo champions the force of reason and rationale and Dionysius champions the force of instinct and intuition. I’m taking the setting back to the dawn of creation when there was just man not knowing who he is or why he’s there. Apollo comes along and gives the people a shot at progress and offers all these benefits and they say ‘sure we’d like fires to warm us in winter. They follow him along and build amazing cities and get involved in science and build beautiful things just for the sake of it. But they’re bored because they don’t have an emotional attachment to the things that they’re making. They lose the knack and the interest in doing them any more. An ennui falls over everybody and they hang out, bored. They go after Dionysius who tells them what he can offer and obviously the instinctive and artistic side of things that he offers them—the music and dancing and love. They say ‘yeah, that sounds great after what we’ve had. Everyone has a wonderful time, they leave the cities and just rave. But when winter comes along they’ve lost the skills that would keep them warm and that whole rational side of them doesn’t function the way it did. So the wolves and cold get to them and at that point they break into total anarchy and chaos. That’s the Armageddon section of the song because both Apollo and Dionysius are fighting for control. Eventually the whole problem is solved by the arrival of Cygnus. He points out the chaos that the struggle between Apollo and Dionysius is causing. So they appoint him as a god—the bringer of balance.” (Neal Peart)

Bei mir ist nicht dies Book II in den Top 10, sondern das "Book I" von AFTK. Der ist viel dunkler und böser und außerdem ist der so etwas wie der erste Voivod-Song bevor es Voivod überhaupt gab.

Zurück
Oben Unten