Der R.I.P.-Thread

Ich bin voreingenommen, ich bin ein großer Fan!
Hab seit dem Unfall kein einziges Formel 1 Rennen mehr gesehn,
die Modelle stehen immer noch im Regal, auch der Williams-Renault FW16.
R.I.P. :hmmja:

Statement auf der Facebook Seite von Roky Erickson:

"Roky Erickson, an heroic icon of modern rock & roll and one of the best friends the music ever had, died in Austin, Texas today. Born there on July 15, 1947, Erickson had a visionary zeal rarely seen in 1965 when he co-founded the 13th Floor Elevators. The band's original songs, many written with lyricist Tommy Hall, coupled with Erickson's super-charged vocals and guitar sparked the psychedelic music revolution in the mid-1960s, and led to a new role of what rock could be. Erickson never wavered from that path, and while he faced incredible challenges at different points in his life, his courage always led him on to new musical adventures, one he continued without compromise his entire life. The family asks for privacy while they deal with the loss of a son, brother, husband and father."

"Roky Erickson has moved on. Roky came to mean many things to many admirers and will continue to resonate with a legacy of remarkable style, talent, and poetic and artistic tales from beyond. As a long standing friend and follower of Roky’s amazing performing abilities and aa a guitarist and singer, I can only relate the far reaching impact he and his mates in The Thirteenth Floor Elevators brought to the fore with their eerily magnetic psychedelic sounds. It’s almost unfathomable to contemplate a world without Roky Erickson. He created his own musical galaxy and early on was an true inspiration. Even now, Roky is a source of creative energy of the first order. It’s really a circumstance where he continues to provide the requisite “Reverberation.” Something he predicted when he sang “You're Gonna Miss Me”…We certainly do know now that he’s at one with the universe.” - - - Billy F Gibbons

Da verbringste mal ein Wochenende ohne Internetz und so, und das erste, was du Montagmorgens lesen musst, ist das Roky verstorben ist.
Das saugt. :hmmja:

R.I.P Roly, and thankx for all those great tunes...

Here I sit, a vampire at my piano
The flames burn glaringly higher
And the eyes that stare through the darkness
Though they have no form
There's no need for alarm, so burn
So burn, burn the flames
Higher and higher
So burn, burn the flames
Never to expire

Here I sit, a skeleton at my organ
The candles in my candelabra
Burn hellishly, hellish hell
And the laughter unending
Echoes through the haunted house
A little Christmas spirit
Ghostly haunting, deadly spirit
Every creature is stirring
Even the mouse, so burn
Burn the flames
Higher, higher, higher and higher

Here I sit myself at my instruments
Here they sit at their instruments
And the music fills and fills
Terrifies, horrifies, forever scares
Children of the night
What music we make, so burn

R.I.P. Roky. Du warst Deiner Zeit weit voraus.

Here I sit, a vampire at my piano
The flames burn glaringly higher
And the eyes that stare through the darkness
Though they have no form
There's no need for alarm, so burn
So burn, burn the flames
Higher and higher
So burn, burn the flames
Never to expire

Here I sit, a skeleton at my organ
The candles in my candelabra
Burn hellishly, hellish hell
And the laughter unending
Echoes through the haunted house
A little Christmas spirit
Ghostly haunting, deadly spirit
Every creature is stirring
Even the mouse, so burn
Burn the flames
Higher, higher, higher and higher

Here I sit myself at my instruments
Here they sit at their instruments
And the music fills and fills
Terrifies, horrifies, forever scares
Children of the night
What music we make, so burn

R.I.P. Roky. Du warst Deiner Zeit weit voraus.
genau da ist er mir zuerst begegnet: als Soundtrack in einer auch dank dem Song meiner Fave-Sequenzen aus "The Return Of The Living Dead " als Kiddie damals!! Grandioser Film übrigens auch!

Laut eines Instagram Posts der Band Heat ist Joakim "Jokke" Stenby, der Sänger der norwegischen Band Brutus, verstorben.

Ernsthaft? WTF....das darf doch nicht wahr sein :hmmja:
Ich liebe seinen Gesang auf den frühen Angra Werken...weiß noch wie er hier bei uns im Hot Shots Records Shop nen akkustic set gespielt hat...unglaublich. Die DVD dazu muss ich mir direkt zu Seinen Ehrem wieder anschauen...Fuck...das trifft mich jetzt echt.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben Unten