Neue Veröffentlichungen bei Frontiers Records:

Obwohl von mir das Thema erstellt wurde, habe ich die Scheibe ja noch nicht.

Etwas erschrecken mich nun diese bösen Rezessionen und Details, bzw. Del Vecchio:

http://www.amazon.de/product-review...tBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R33FEC7O1ZX7WY

Geschmäcker sind natürlich verschieden.
Auch ich hatte große Vorbehalte wegen Del Veccios Beteiligung an der Sache. Musste aber meine Meinung revidieren. Ich liebe dieses Album.
Klar stand Journey Pate für den Sound des Albums. Allerdings kann ich mir ein Jouney Album, trotz aller großartigen einzelnen Songs, die die Band schon geschrieben hat, fast nie am Stück anhören. Revolution Saints schon. Zugegeben, bin ich ein einigermaßen großer Doug Aldrich Fanat, finde aber beileibe auch nicht alles gut was er macht.
RS haben grandiose Melodien, schön und gut. Aber was dieses Album, neben dem superben Gesang heraushebt, sind die vielen kleinen Gitarrenspielerein im Hintergrund. Das verleiht den sehr AOR-lastigen Songs trotzdem einen angenehmen Drive.
Ich kann natürlich nicht garantieren, dass Dir RS gefällt. Bei mir gehört es bis jetzt ganz klar zu den bisherigen Top 3 dieses Jahres (neben Dracula und Eclipse).

Auch wenn die Jungs die Songs nicht geschrieben haben
setzen sie das im Zusammenspiel super um.
Ordentlicher Bumms, schöne Melodien und sehr gut
produziert.
Macht mega-fun und wird bei mir wohl auch
Top 3 im Jahresrückblick.

Da ich mir ja nicht so häufig neue Scheiben zulege, höre ich die etwas öfters und intensiver.

Trotz aller Begeisterung guten AOR auch in 2015 neu kaufen zu können, muss ich mittlerweile schon anmerken, dass man nicht nur teilweise häufig gehörtes kopiert, sondern sich sogar innerhalb dieses Albums mal wiederholt.

Del Vecchio ist halt Italiener und die lieben ihre Wiederholungen. Habe mal eine schlaflose Nacht neben einer Karaoke-Bar verbringen müssen, wo stündlich "Volare" lief.

Auch gefällt mir manchmal die Abmischung, bzw. der Sound nicht. Es klingt, gelegentlich, gerade wegen der Becken, wie früher, wenn man Knicke auf seiner Cassetten-Spur hatte oder auch mal verzehrt. Die fast ständigen Crash-Rides, anstelle eines schönen "Ping" schwirren so herum, wie man es heute von fast jeder Produktion kennt. Mag ich aber nicht so sehr. Bin die letzten Male auf der Hängematte glatt bei Song Nr. 6 oder 7 eingeschlafen...

Apropos Aldrich: der macht ja wieder seine Burnin Rain-Sache und war sogar auf dem Frontiers Festival...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zum Neuen Jahr gibt es dort wieder mal ein paar neue Kombinationen:

RESURRECTION KINGS

cat_album_image1_Resurrection%20Kings%20002_5655a933d3c16.jpg

This new band from California sees the collaboration from some well known musicians and familiar faces.

RESURRECTION KINGS is centered around the talents of Craig Goldy, former DIO guitar player. Everything starts from a set of demos he recorded with singer Chas West, a guy with an unbelievable set of pipes, who worked in different periods with such band sas BONHAM; FOREIGNER; TRIBE OF GYPSIES and other Hard Rock bands from the LA area.

Out of those demo sessions, the song “Livin’ Out Loud” strongly impressed Frontiers Records President Serafino Perugino who asked Craig to build up a project/band around that musical concept. He also suggested Sean McNabb for bass (LYNCH MOB, DOKKEN, QUIET RIOT), while Craig brought in later former DIO bandmate Vinny Appice on drums.

Frontiers in-house writer and producer Alessandro Del Vecchio (Revolution Saints, Hardline, Rated X) offered his services to the band and wrote (or co-wrote with Goldy) a few tracks to round up the material that was available.

The resulting album is an impressive example of Classic Hard rock with a contemporary production and edge. Think Whitesnake “1987” mixed with DIO’s “Dream Evil” with a touch of classic Zeppelin and Rainbow and you will not be far from the end result.

An extremely strong record where the musicians are able to stretch their wings and please their numerous fans!

http://www.frontiers.it/album/5292

Chas West – vocals
Craig Goldy – guitars
Sean McNabb – bass guitar
Vinny Appice – drums

Und dann kommt noch etwas aus dem Norden:

album_cover_NORDIC_UNION_COVER_5655a30dc52ec.jpg

http://www.frontiers.it/album/5289

NORDIC UNION is the name behind the new musical collaboration, built by Frontiers President Serafino Perugino, between singer Ronnie Atkins of the legendary Danish Hard Rock institution PRETTY MAIDS and the up-and-coming Swedish songwriter and producer Erik Martensson of ECLIPSE and W.E.T. fame.

The partnership between the two fellow Scandinavians worked well and together they have created some musical magic, which will truly impress the fans of these highly regarded musicians. Atkins says: “The music on the album has a focus on good melodies and there’s some good guitar work as well. I had a good gut feeling ever since I heard the first songs from Erik Martensson, and I was right he’s a very gifted and talented songwriter!”

These songs are guaranteed not to leave your head for a long time. Just have a listen tothe gorgeous anthemic opener “The War Has Begun” and some killer melodic gems like “When Death Is Calling,” “21 Guns” and “Hypocrisy” with great hooks and epic guitar riffs. “Wide Awake” can be described as a combination between pop and melodic rock with a modern production. There’s really something for everyone here.

“While Pretty Maids is still my first priority” explains Ronnie, ”the production process and the work on this record went very smoothly. I think what came out is a killer Melodic Hard Rock album with alot of good songs on it – I could really feel the songs as mine and identify with those. So I hope the fans will be able to share my view and It’s been some kind of a little fresh breath in between albums for me really.”

Get ready to enjoy a great new album from a new sensational all Nordic musical alliance!

Hab´gestern vorm YT-TV mal bei den "Kings" reingehört.

Eigentlich alles was ich brauche. Schöne Klampfe, Vinnie-typische Drums, recht kräftig, flott und auch noch melodisch. Aber irgendwie gefallen mir heutige Produktionen (del Vecchio) und die Sänger nicht mehr so, dass es sofort "Booom" macht. Für einen Kauf reicht es noch nicht.

Zum Neuen Jahr gibt es dort wieder mal ein paar neue Kombinationen:

RESURRECTION KINGS

cat_album_image1_Resurrection%20Kings%20002_5655a933d3c16.jpg

This new band from California sees the collaboration from some well known musicians and familiar faces.

RESURRECTION KINGS is centered around the talents of Craig Goldy, former DIO guitar player. Everything starts from a set of demos he recorded with singer Chas West, a guy with an unbelievable set of pipes, who worked in different periods with such band sas BONHAM; FOREIGNER; TRIBE OF GYPSIES and other Hard Rock bands from the LA area.

Out of those demo sessions, the song “Livin’ Out Loud” strongly impressed Frontiers Records President Serafino Perugino who asked Craig to build up a project/band around that musical concept. He also suggested Sean McNabb for bass (LYNCH MOB, DOKKEN, QUIET RIOT), while Craig brought in later former DIO bandmate Vinny Appice on drums.

Frontiers in-house writer and producer Alessandro Del Vecchio (Revolution Saints, Hardline, Rated X) offered his services to the band and wrote (or co-wrote with Goldy) a few tracks to round up the material that was available.

The resulting album is an impressive example of Classic Hard rock with a contemporary production and edge. Think Whitesnake “1987” mixed with DIO’s “Dream Evil” with a touch of classic Zeppelin and Rainbow and you will not be far from the end result.

An extremely strong record where the musicians are able to stretch their wings and please their numerous fans!

http://www.frontiers.it/album/5292

Chas West – vocals
Craig Goldy – guitars
Sean McNabb – bass guitar
Vinny Appice – drums

Und dann kommt noch etwas aus dem Norden:

album_cover_NORDIC_UNION_COVER_5655a30dc52ec.jpg

http://www.frontiers.it/album/5289

NORDIC UNION is the name behind the new musical collaboration, built by Frontiers President Serafino Perugino, between singer Ronnie Atkins of the legendary Danish Hard Rock institution PRETTY MAIDS and the up-and-coming Swedish songwriter and producer Erik Martensson of ECLIPSE and W.E.T. fame.

The partnership between the two fellow Scandinavians worked well and together they have created some musical magic, which will truly impress the fans of these highly regarded musicians. Atkins says: “The music on the album has a focus on good melodies and there’s some good guitar work as well. I had a good gut feeling ever since I heard the first songs from Erik Martensson, and I was right he’s a very gifted and talented songwriter!”

These songs are guaranteed not to leave your head for a long time. Just have a listen tothe gorgeous anthemic opener “The War Has Begun” and some killer melodic gems like “When Death Is Calling,” “21 Guns” and “Hypocrisy” with great hooks and epic guitar riffs. “Wide Awake” can be described as a combination between pop and melodic rock with a modern production. There’s really something for everyone here.

“While Pretty Maids is still my first priority” explains Ronnie, ”the production process and the work on this record went very smoothly. I think what came out is a killer Melodic Hard Rock album with alot of good songs on it – I could really feel the songs as mine and identify with those. So I hope the fans will be able to share my view and It’s been some kind of a little fresh breath in between albums for me really.”

Get ready to enjoy a great new album from a new sensational all Nordic musical alliance!
Keine Ahnung, ob ichs schon erwähnt hab, aber die Nordic Union ist der Hammer!!! :top:

Gell, klingt doch geil.

Der Typ hat wohl 2014 in England so ne Casting-Show gewonnen. Die waren dieser Tage sogar in Deutschland - Köln & München, nix Frankfurt...

Ich glaub, der Alt-Metaller hat mich noch auf Ignore und hat das bisschen falsch verstanden. :D

Zurück
Oben Unten